Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Track Of The Day: Pino D'Angiò - Okay Okay (Out)


I’m not going to pretend that I’ve heard this track before, as it’s a prime example of the algorithm doing its dirty work, but that can be a good thing sometimes and, with the weather getting noticeably milder I can feel the holistically under lit Rimini dance floors pounding away to this one. I suppose it would qualify as italo, but only because it comes from there and, due to when it was released, embraces the principle production values. It’s too kitsch really though, veering into, and staying in the cheese lane for the duration. Arguably the place where a lot of italo resides, but this lacks a transcendental element, unless your idea of an out of body experience is being chatted up at the bar by a swarthy Mediterranean type. It is undeniably funky though and, although my Italian isn’t really up to scratch, funny.

No comments: