Wednesday, February 07, 2024

Track Of The Day: The Advent – Future Cities (Internal)


I’ve only just found this on Youtube, it’s recently added (well, since I last looked), and doesn’t appear on Discogs. And it is, for me at least, a quintessential piece of fast paced electro, normally much faster than I listen to, but I do pitch it down a bit. Anyway, I have this track on Eternal and, although this is billed as an “unreleased mix”, my untrained ear on the sofa with a dog on my lap can’t tell the difference. Whatever; for me it’s all academic at this point. This is a wonderful piece of electro, amongst many similarly wonderful pieces of electro that Cisco Ferreira has produced over the years. Incredibly funky, great, sinisterly intoned one word spoken. A rhythm that fluctuates in keeping with its environment and a cavernous depth of feeling. This is a masterful piece of music that sounds as great in the supermarket as in the club.

No comments: