Thursday, June 22, 2023

Holger Zilske - AI Sex (Hypercolour)

 


Title: AI Sex

Artist: Holger Zilske

Label: Hypercolour

Cat Number: HYPE104

Genre: House


01: AI Sex Pt. 1

02: AI Sex Pt. 2

03: Inside


“Downfall of humanity, isn’t it?” AI is all over the news right now, so it was only a matter of time before something on that theme came onto this blog for a write up. So here’s Holger Zilske, following up last year’s ‘Someone’, also on Hypercolour, with a slo-mo Euro disco throwback respelendent with a cheesy, deadpan AI spoken word vocal, and that’s just Pt.  1. Pt 2 is darker, faster, and dirtier. I wouldn’t play it on acid unless I wanted a good laugh, or wanted to shit myself. Two sides of the same coin as far as sex with machines is concerned I suppose, only the for the vocal in Pt. 2, I’m imagining an x-rated gruffalo. ‘Inside’ is my favourite track on this release, again, a spoken word is used, underpinned by a grinding, percussive foundation. Definitely one that would appeal to the slowed down 120 bpm or thereabouts crowd. All in all, a good release, but I can do without the spoken word on the two title tracks.


No comments: