Saturday, May 27, 2023

Track Of The Day: Trankilou - Atom Funk (Kif)


Bit of a nostalgia trip for me this one. Massive when I was living in Paris in the mid nineties. Filter disco was huge and has left a lasting impression, more regarding the artists and what they did next rather than anything else. It had its moment and its global influence belied the small quantity of people making the stuff. You could go to parties in Paris on most nights of the week and rub shoulders with the chaps behind these tracks and there was no pretence. Possibly the happiest most carefree few years of my life. This is one of the best bits to emerge and is an early piece of work by Pepe Bradock aka Julien Auger (his real name). It’s got great energy and was permanently on rotation at almost every party I went to in France for around a year or so. It recalls a time when the world was very different and even going to work felt like a holiday for 25 years ago me. Glory days.

No comments: