Wednesday, May 03, 2023

Track Of The Day: Atlantic Fusion - Sanctuary (Classic)


I was a Classic completist. I still don’t have them all mind, but up to their 100th release I probably had around 90-95. Anyway, so many great tracks came out on that label, but this one is something that I think flew under the radar for many. ‘Sanctuary’ is a driving, groove-laden, trance-inducing piece of work, notable for its spoken word sample that comes from ‘Logan’s Run’, a film I went to see when it came out, and still remember clearly because of its main premise that once you reach 30, you die. Atlantic Fusion is the nom de plume of Felix Hopkins, who, a cursory look at Discogs tells me, worked much more under his own name than this one. So it has the feeling of a side project, a bit of fun maybe. Nevertheless, this is a great piece of work that demands drugs and a dark dance floor for maximum impact. Definitely going to crop up in an online set by a Romanian DJ soon methinks.

No comments: