Thursday, May 25, 2023

Track Of The Day: RV800 - Subsync (Formula)


Who are/is RV800, and why should we care? I first came across this record shortly after its release. It was the green vinyl that lured me as much as anything else. And on playing it I came to the rapid conclusion that rhythmically it embodied, not only my dub techno ideal, but my techno and house ideal also. Lovely clappy percussion sliding into a hypnotic netherworld encased in a sonic sphere of analogue warmth. That’s what I’m here for and I’m not leaving until the funk hits the fan, which it does throughout. Information on Discogs is scarce. Apparently it’s from Japan, and there’s another, on orange vinyl which is just as good, although not as sought after judging by the crazy money this one is currently going for. Some of these keys sound like they’ve come from classic trance tracks, but the bpms have been slowed down to funk things up. I think RV800 has also made an appearance of sorts on Verdant Recordings, but his/her/their last known trajectory is currently unknown. Whatever the case, I’d love to hear more. Oh, and the B side is a Haventepe remix, which is predictably ace.

No comments: