Thursday, July 27, 2023

Track Of The Day: Jackal & Hyde - Get Down To My Technique (Dynamix II's Old School Bastards Mix) (Hallucination)


Twenty years old, but not showing any visible signs of aging, this incredible piece of Miami Bass/electro is still a benchmark by which others shall be judged. Vocoders are out in force as are pounding beats. Dramatic and profound, have the words ”I want to see you jam. Get down to my technique” ever meant more? I’m forever catching up with stuff that I missed the first time round, this being a prime example, although trips to IQ Records on Lexington St at the end of the last century introduced me to Dynamix ll (stocked, I imagine, by Andy Jaggers). Anyway, this track should be the soundtrack to intergalactic sporting events in the future, and it needs a longer edit. Dropped at the right time, unexpectedly between tracks that contrast wildly with its feel, the results could be seismic. 

No comments: