Friday, July 28, 2023

Dream. The Dream Remixes - Richard Sen (Ransom Note)


 

Title: Dream The Dream Remixes

Artist: Richard Sen

Label: Ransom Note

Cat Number: DMFPE #1R

Genre: Dark Euro Dance


1: UVX  - Elevator (Richard Sen Remix)

2: Bandulu  - Amaranth (Richard Sen Remix)

3: Mind Over Rhythm Kubital Footstorm – (Richard Sen Remix)


This here is a trio of remixes from Richard Sen’s ‘Dream The Dream (UK Techno, House And Breakbeat 1990-1994)’, and he does something quite fabulous. The original tracks are described by Sen in the press release as “UVX (trance), Bandulu (percussive ambient) and Mind Over Rhythm (progressive breakbeat)” and, in order to change them, he had to “take samples of audio from the finished originals. I added my own synth sounds and drums where necessary so they became remixes, rather than just edits.” The results are quite superb: ‘Amaranth’ becomes a mid paced. Italo-inspired arpeggiated, symphonic synth monster. ‘ Kubital Footstorm’ a soaring Moroderesque flight of fancy and ‘Elevator’ a dark descent into the inner depths of euro dance’s soul. I realise that I’ve probably over-contextualised, and I’m not personally responsible for a lot of the words in this review. So you’ll have to believe me when I say this is an absolutely blinding release that eloquently complements the original versions. TIP!

No comments: