Friday, April 28, 2023

Track Of The Day: Perception - Mirage (UR)


From the incredible ‘Interstellar Fugitives’ triple pack that, to the best of my knowledge still hasn’t been repressed despite being released in 1998, this piece of ominous, emotive electro is hard hitting, funky as hell and shows a facet of Detroit at its indigenous best. I’ve seen UR a few times, but the one that always stands out was the ‘IF’ tour in Vauxhall. I remember going into the west end for this gig, only to be told (I can’t remember how, probably at the venue), that it had been moved to Vauxhall. All I remember of that night is that amongst various DJs playing, it was Rolando’s UK debut (maybe), and 4 Hero, or Dego, was also there (I think). Obviously vibes were off the scale. The lyrics of this track echo the general theme of ‘The Matrix’, which came out a year later I think. Play this one loud, the production demands it.

No comments: