Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Melted Fuel EP - ADMX-71 (L.I.E.S.)



Title: Melted Fuel EP
Artist: ADMX-71
Label: L.I.E.S.
Cat Number: LIES097
Genre: Techno

01: Nuclear Hysterics
02: Dire Situation
03: Neutron Absorber


First up, I like the track titles. Conceptually, I’m in. Obviously not for the faint –hearted, but even though the layering and density is off the scale, there is a lot of room for the music to breathe. (I’ve just got the press release out as I’m writing this and what I’ve just written is almost a word-for-word copy). This is a full on percussive attack, for the most part, but there is also restraint and reflection. ‘Neutron Absorber’ lowers the intensity a little, but is insect-like and, therefore, a bit more unsettling than the barrage of beats that unfurls from its predecessors. What characterizes all three pieces is a finely tuned discordance that envelops the base elements from time to time, creating a fascinating, totalitarian ambience, which is highly structured, but liable to deteriorate the longer it lasts.

No comments: