Saturday, January 20, 2024

Track Of The Day: Deep Contest - Sunday Morning (FNAC)


In anticipation of tomorrow, here are ten minutes of pure bliss. An absolute lush, deep masterclass that bathes you in analogue warmth. One of the best tracks that FNAC released, and one of the best deep house/techno tracks to come out of France ever. Deep Contest was a short-lived collaboration between DJ Deep & Ludovic Navarre with this being their only release. It came out in 1993 and I moved to Paris in 1994, so this type of faithful rendering of Detroit was very much the aural backdrop to a lot of the landscape I was inhabiting, predating the filter sound which muddied the water somewhat. I rediscovered this track a few years back courtesy of a Rubsilent mix, which inspired me to get in touch with the Turkish master and persuade him to contribute to my stop/start podcast series, as he clearly has great taste. 

No comments: