Monday, October 22, 2018

Motherchip Connexion 19/10/18


Last night was the first time the motherchip had landed for a while,  and my first time as a passenger. Captain Laurence Fisher, aka Purplehands, had on our previous briefing told me that things only started to get really interesting towards the end of the night, as crew members didn’t turn up early enough to get down. Well last night bucked the trend big time. On entering the party had got well and truly started, with 96 Back on the decks. It would be wide of the mark to say he played exclusively electro, in fact the majority of what I heard was techno, which presented all kinds of problems regarding genre recognition, as my other half, who I’d dragged along having first tempted her out with the promise of tapas, only to discover that the restaurant we went to had no paella at all! (I know paella isn’t tapas, but you need something for the little dishes to orbit) was very anxious to know the difference between said genres. Not normally one to mince my words regarding such things, I managed “Well, you know, Kraftwerk . . .” and left it at that. Eddie Symons came on next and proceeded to play a set of his own stuff, which was excellent. He did the digital thing after Mr 96 Back played the vinyls. The music was great, purer electro set from Eddie, but everything slid seamlessly into my paella-deprived body. We couldn't stay until the end, and so missed Purplehands' set, but by the time we left I was like an amphibian, breathing pure electro and machine funk strains through my skin. Had trouble reacclimatizing outside but just managed to get back home in time to stick some late night Drexciya on.



Probably should have posted this before Friday, but better late than never. Shows Mr Back's lovely muzzy off innit.

No comments: