Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Synergy EP - Tripeo (incl. Cadans, Doka collabs) (Rekids Special Projects)



Title: Synergy EP
Artist: Tripeo
Label: Rekids Special Projects
Cat Number: PSPX10
Genre: Techno

1: Rave Tune – Tripeo & Cadans
2: Idiocracy – The Leap
3: Need for Nuance – Tripeo
4: Zeitgeist – Tripeo

I’m a bit conflicted about stuff like this. Sure it works well but I’m not really a big room person, even though I can appreciate it from afar. This is the type of techno that permeates Joey Anderson’s recent Dekmantel Festival set, and he plays it very well, but there’s something missing, for me at least. Maybe it’s a little bit of soul? The truth is that there are a lot of nice noises here, but a lack of foundation. ‘Need for Nuance’ is eponymously my favourite here, but ‘Idiocracy’ and ‘Rave Tune’ both contain lots of positives as well. ‘Zeitgeist’ throbs when it needs to so if I sound indecisive about this it’s because I am.

No comments: