Monday, June 20, 2016

Current Inhibition



It’s difficult to get started at the moment at our place. The house still looks a mess in the aftermath of the flood. We’ve still got an industrial drier blasting out on the dining room, trying to get the last vestiges of moisture out of the newly exposed floorboards. Added to that, there’s the football, which I’ve been glued to for over a week now. Just as well, because even though voting in the EU referendum couldn’t be more important, I’m fed up with it, particularly in the aftermath of the Jo Cox murder. Annoyingly I can’t even play my records because all my equipment is mothballed in the front room, waiting to go into storage.

So, I know this is a music blog, but the vote on Thursday could change everyone’s lives, particularly those below middle age. Unfortunately it’s been turned into a clash of ideologies and those in the Leave camp are the best advert to vote Remain. The EU isn’t perfect, but when I look at the leanings of most of those who want out, as well as the fact that a lot of rights workers enjoy in this country have come as a result of EU legislation, I think the choice is an easy one. I’ll leave it at that.

So the music has been on hold for a couple of weeks, but will resume over the next few days. It’s been a while since I put a chart together, but I haven’t bought much so far this year and, judging from whatever I have in my shopping cart at Juno staying in it while I bide my time, I have a feeling that sales aren’t what they used to be. Still, that doesn’t have any influence on the way I consume music, but I have set my sights on more limited and less frequently released editions these days.

I’m all about togetherness and internationalism. I hope my friends are too.



No comments: