Sunday, March 28, 2010

Electrifyin' Mojo & The Wizard On WJLB Radio Detroit



A cassette recording of one of the Electrifyin' Mojo's shows from 80s Detroit. No idea when exactly it was broadcast, but Run DMC "Raising Hell" era feature heavily, as does Prince and miscellaneous other hip-hop of the time, Doug E. Fresh, Slick Rick, etc. Jeff Mills as "The Wizard" is on the wheels of steel. The recording quality is predictably uneven, but not bad.

I've got some other cassette-only recordings to post. Next up, a recording of Ron Hardy at The Music Box. Soon come later, some pirate radio stuff from late 80s London.: Electrifyin' Mojo & The Wizard

It's in two parts. I was copying it while we had guests so couldn't listen as much as I would have liked, therefore fine detail eludes me. It's been a while since I played it so this was like a meeting with a long-lost friend. Make up your own minds as to its authenticity and quality.



No comments: