Tuesday, April 18, 2006

I’d like to write a coherent review of what went on last Saturday night, but I can’t. Suffice to say I enjoyed myself, as did everyone else. If I have any complaints it’s a small one about the venue. A bit lacking in atmosphere is the Junction. I’d only visited it a couple of times before its refurbishment, so I was a little surprised when upon entering it after it had been done up I found virtually no changes had taken place; the proverbial lick of paint had been applied and that’s it. To get to the point, it could be, and has had the opportunity to be, so much better.

Terry Francis was fifteen minutes late, but rocked it once he got there. He was followed by Jim Masters, who did the big room techno thing well, after him it was Billy Nasty. Things got messy and I played the role of “club floater” bobbing from place to place saying things to people, some of whom I didn’t know. It was all very profound and meaningful at the time.

Anyway, The Priory are very busy now, supporting the Drumattic Twins this Saturday at Anglia Ruskin University, and playing the Labour of Love boat party on the 30/4. Then they’ve got their May Ball on the 15/5 on the Cambridge City Football club pitch. Before any of that though, we’ve got Badger Attack at Legends this Friday, 21/4, with CleverMusic’s/Multivitamins’ Mark Henning, with Pete Lever and Robin Howells. This is something I’ll defo be attending and posting photos for. I can say that with some certainty as it’ll be me who’ll be taking them. Unlike last Saturday. I’ll post a link to The Priory’s website, or elsewhere, when any surface.

No comments: