Friday, April 14, 2006

The Easter Weekend is upon us, and in Cambridgeshireland there is a plethora of things to do. I shall be in attendance at The Priory’s big one at The Junction; the likes of Terry Francis, Jim Masters and Billy Nasty are playing.

I’m really looking forward to seeing Mr Francis for the first time in a few years. I was at Wiggle regularly from late 1997 to 2000. We’s just moved over from France, and the Wiggles at Happy Jacks, under an arch by London Bridge, were some of the most hedonistic, sweaty little shindigs in town. I last went to a Wiggle at the end of October last year. I was a little disappointed. Good party but no more surprises. Terribly formulaic. I would love to think its best days weren’t behind it but I fear they are. Even though he seems to be the headliner, Terry’s playing from 11-12:30, which is a pity because it’ll just be starting to warm up then. Fabric’s contractual obligations making themselves felt I reckon.

Billy Nasty should rock the spot though. Jim Masters is up from 12:30 to 1:30 with Mr Nasty following until 3am. Last time I saw him was under a marquee at Sonar ’04, were he was doing a showcase for his Electrix label. He treated the crowd to some hard-edged electro that never descended into booty bass territory, so fine by me. Priory residents Sam I Am and The Fish guide us to the dawn, well, until 4am.

Expect a full review and some photos next week.

No comments: