Thursday, October 03, 2019

AUX4419 - Bovaflux (Mindcolormusic)



Title: AUX4419
Artist: Bovaflux
Label: Mindcolormusic
Cat Number: AUX 4419
Genre: Electro

1: Simple Times
2: Sleep Cycle
3: Turain
4: Blacklight
5: Pwyll4
6: Cryptographic Hash
7: Wavefolder Funk
8: Twin Waves
9: 0xff5a00
10: Hollow

I’m listening to this selection of hi tensile space funk in the hope that it will answer my many questions about life, the universe and everything, and I feel the vibes loud and clear. There’s a point when listening to an album that everything coalesces and takes the listener into full on gossamer frequency mode. I reached that point at ‘Pwyll4’ and was then swept along by a powerful undercurrent, the nexus of what I can’t identify. It’s just to say that ‘Cryptographic Hash’ sums up most of what I imagine I’ve been writing about much more succinctly than mere words; building up to the peaks already mentioned involved a fusion of electro, idm and bleep. Highlights include the fragility of ‘Sleep Cycle’ and the sinister ‘Blacklight’, which evokes vintage first album LFO, while gently slipping down the slope brings us the oriental tinged beats of ‘Twin Waves’ and the restrained skittishness of ‘0xff5a00’. Bookended by a twilit ambience, this is a collection of enviable balance and maturity.

No comments: