Sunday, October 06, 2019

Superior Life Forms - Umwelt (Midnight Shift)


Title: Superior Life Forms
Artist: Umwelt
Label: Midnight Shift
Cat Number: MNXSLP001
Genre: Techno/Electro

01: Ritual Of Dust
02: Shadow Entity
03: Superior Life Forms
04: The Windfall
05: Computer Controlled
06: Fragment
07: Latent Existence

Bass-heavy, dark, uncompromising and the most important ingredient, insect menace. It’s this type of music like this which, although I don’t have it on in the background when I make my morning coffee, and my clubbing days are well behind me, fills me with hope for the human race. We’re all getting older by the second, but as long as I don’t compromise my taste, then I’ll always feel that anything is possible. If ‘Eraserhead’ were to be remade, then I would expect a lot of this package to soundtrack it. It’s industrial techno melted down to its essence, swirled around a little and then poured into moulds to produce sonic ingots whose sole aim is to twat you around the noggin. The attitude is strong in this one.

No comments: