Sunday, September 29, 2019

Radio Show & Supper Club


These are future ambitions which already feel like impossible dreams due to my current workload. Having just assumed coaching duties for my youngest son’s football team, it’s incredible how much of my time has now evolved into thinking about tactics and drills. I am a football enthusiast slowly becoming a coach. This will take time and perseverance. Things which were much more important have now become peripheral, like this blog and my plans of making it back into radio. Now everything is on a loop, with other situations waxing and waning as time permits. I have the energy and wherewithal to sort a few things out now. The first of those is to work on some home improvements, with a view to saving and maximizing what little space we have. This is not easy though. I’ve been waiting to start for the best part of three years. While I procrastinate another city gets built in China. 

So I imagine scenarios with accompanying playlists and then find it difficult to stay up later than 10:30 because I’ve got used to a cosy routine. This is a routine unpunctuated by reading at the moment, something which I’d began to get on top of once more, but it’me over a month to read a 250 page of Lovecraft short stories so I need to be more clinical. Also trying to listen to as much as I can and put some words up here which give a little something back to those who send me music. I’m quite sure very few people read it but it looks good on social media. It’s difficult to buy vinyl at the moment, and what’s the footprint? This is something I thought of the other day; it just came to me, coincidentally while I was watching coverage of the global climate protests. Maybe the best thing I can do to save the planet right now is to stop buying records, and go back to being vegetarian. Doubt I will though.

Current Imaginary Playlist for a Supper Club Under the Power of Beats:



Ride Kat – Pasquale Maassen (AC Records)


My Name Is Beuys von Telekraft – Anthony Rother (Telekraft Recordings)


Inspired – A² (Alien Recordings)



Truth Inside – Prime Minister of Doom (Planet Uterus)



Jap Collage – Edward (Giegling)




Time Is Running Out – Moxx (Yoshi)




1 Of Those Days – Pile (Perlon)




So Hot – Miles Maeda (Siesta)


Time – Cristian Vogel (Tresor)


Sandcastles (Mike Huckaby Remix) - Precession (Ferox)










No comments: