Monday, August 22, 2016

I'm Going to Go - Jago (Dark Entries)



Title: I’m Going to Go
Artist: Jago
Label: Dark Entries
Cat Number: DE-133
Genre: Italo Disco

SIDE A 
I’m Going To Go
I’m Going To Go (Instrumental)

SIDE B
I’m Going To Go (Plant Mix by Frankye Knuckles)

Arpeggiated synths, ever-so-slightly processed vocals, an irresistible hook and various synthetic riffs piled on top of each other. ‘I’m Going To Go’ is beautiful in its simplicity and, on hearing, summons up nostalgia-rich plastic dreams of a halcyon age which, while we laughed at it at the time, we’d love to be in the thick of it now. The Frankie Knuckles remix was his first ever released and is an extended dub edit. Nothing tops the original though, which you’ll recognize, whether you’ve heard it before or not.



No comments: