Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Balil & Daft Punk/Armand Van Helden

Just to keep my hand in until I can find all the stuff that I really want to put on here, here are two more great tunes from yesteryear. "Parasight" by Balil aka The Black Dog is an acid trance classic that I've got The Secret Life Of Trance Vol. 2 (Rising High). It's got some ethnic Megadog traits, but it's none the worse for them and is still a great piece of music.

Parasight - Balil (Rising High Records)


Armand Van Helden's 1996 remix of Daft Punk's "Da Funk" (Virgin) was a track I heard Luke Solomon play at The Queen in Paris all those years ago and just had to have. It bears little resemblance to the original, instead becoming more French filter disco than Daft Punk were themselves. It's a backhanded Van Helden tribute to the sound he rode during one of house music's most fruitful periods.

Da Funk (Ten Minutes Of Funk Mix) - Daft Punk (Virgin)

No comments: