Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Charlotte Bendiks - I'm Home I'm OK EP (Optimo Music)

 


Title: I'm Home I'm OK EP 

Artist: Charlotte Bendiks 

Label: Optimo Music

Cat Number: OMDD52

Genre: Still Searching


1: I’m Home, I’m OK

2: Leaving Diego

3: Steikesexual

4: I’m Home, I’m OK (DJ Fettburger’s Not At Home Tonite Mix)


I like the sparse, understated approach of these tracks. ‘I’m Home, I’m OK’ is an organic traipse into languid tribal percussion. It fairly reeks of the rainforest and is as relaxing as it is evocative. DJ Fett Burger’s remix is a lovely, more full – bodied complement. I’d play both versions in a set, the original as an opener, the remix as a turning point. ‘Leaving Diego’ has the aura of a monetary glimpse into chaos. A wah-wah loop underpins batacuda breaks, running contrary to them for the most part, along with a pervasive throb, to create the feeling of disorder. And then we have the suppressed power ‘Steikesexual’, a subtle piece of work whose power is all in the handclaps and the fluctuating, intermittent synthesised high end. AnInteresting sound design and a less is more approach pay dividends here.

No comments: