Sunday, March 12, 2023

Track Of The Day: Dillinger - Cokane In My Brain (Island)


I was lucky enough to catch Dillinger live in Liverpool at The Bierkeller in the early 80s. What I remember about that night is sketchy, but I do know that I was standing on the side of the stage and was maybe backstage for a while. Memories are obviously hazy, but I also remember that after waiting a while Dillinger didn't play for probably longer than an hour. Everyone who was there had probably come to hear him perform this, his most famous track. It's from the 'CB200' album, the rest of which also comes highly recommended; but even though the night was good, compared to other acts seen around that time, Eek A Mouse for example, there was a feeling that Dillinger was dining out on this legacy tune a little. Still, an immortal piece of work that will never lose its flavour. 

No comments: