Thursday, April 25, 2019

Counterfeit Soul Vol 3 - Frazer Campbell (Counterfeit Soul)


Title: Counterfeit Soul 3
Artist: Frazer Campbell
Label: Counterfeit Soul
Cat Number: CS003
Genre: House

A1: Don’t Leave Me Honey D
A2: My System
B1: The Drama
B2: Gazette

With the third in his ‘Counterfeit Soul’ series, Frazer Campbell again proves that nothing works much better on the dance floor than pimped up house reworks of soul, disco, and hip hop standards. This isn’t exactly what’s going on here of course, but they wouldn’t exist without the core samples, (even though these are not always as noticeable as each other), so that’s what I’m going to call them. They also wouldn’t be half as effective without Campbell’s deft production skills. He shows a lightness of touch on ‘My System’, which is amplified on the other tracks, although never feel overwrought or heavy, drive a bit more,. A fine foursome indeed, and devilishly funky to boot. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing excellent informations.
Your web site is so cool. I am impressed by the details that you've on this website.
It reveals how nicely you understand this subject.
Bookmarked this website page, will come back for extra articles.
You, my pal, ROCK! I found just the information I already searched everywhere and just couldn't
come across. What an ideal web site.