Monday, February 26, 2007

Detritus

I've been up to my eyeballs in shitty pampers, cute little one-piece pyjama suits and bodies, and pooey baby smells. To top all this, I've been up every two or three hours breastfeeding. How, you may ask, am I able to blog with the chaos expanding all around me? Well it's not easy. I've also found time to review some new stuff forthcoming on Soma, Titbit & Motech as well as writing a mini-epic for Resident Advisor on the subject of The Martinez Brother's release on Objektivity “My Rendition.” I've been a busy bee, and being pregnant has only been the half of it. Oh, and before I forget, here's a repeat of the competition Ques
“Nobody's Perfect
Part Two.”

What was the name of the single that Andre Parker made with DJ Godfather and DJ Assault?

Answers to this blog please. Leave a comment and full contact details. Because of my mind being obviously elsewhere these last couple of weeks, I've almost certainly forgotten important details in the question, such as when the single was made. Therefore this competition is open until the next show, which will be on the 10/3 featuring local boy genius and member of the Kittenflux collective, Dave Kelso. I thank you.


This week's show featured an interview with Doppler of the ARU DJ Society. He also selected the second half of the show.

First half incorporating Doppler interview:

Hypnodelic -Francois Kevorkian (Wave)
Dwarfzilla – Luci (Titbit)
The Weight – The Black Dog (Soma)
Electron Push – Silicon (NSC)
Alia (Gary Martin remix) – DJ 3000 & Gerald Mitchell (Motech)
Warzawa – Ben Klock (Ostgut Ton)
Ring of Fire – Mark Henning (Trapez)
Moonbeam – Eclipse (Traum)

Doppler's selection:

A Chico Rythmico – Locodice (Cadenza)
Kreuzberg Krunk (Inside Out mix) – Tony Rohr (Clink)
Der Senat – Paul Kalkenrenner (Bpitch)
Exciting Ride – Bodycode (Spectral)
Akul – Umek (Audiomatique)
Kaliber 10.1 – Kaliber (Kaliber)
Bring The Beat Back – Pascal FEOS (Level Non Zero)
Pintare – Sami Koivikko (Spectral)
Heka Bright Side – Daniel Vigorito (Nusi de Orion Minimal Music)

No comments: