Thursday, October 08, 2026

Track Of The Day: A Certain Ratio - I'd Like To See You Again (Factory)

 


Off to see A Certain Ratio at Dingwall’s tomorrow night after a 40 or so year break. Very much looking forward to it, so this feels appropriate. If only I’d known at the time that they were fusing Weather Report with Miami Vice. I’m not sure if they did tbh, but here we are. What is equally interesting nis how we all loved them, even though it was that little bit more different than what we were listening to. Everything moved in circles back then though. Funk was what kept things simple. We went to clubs in the early to mid eighties and no matter what night of the week, there would be something to latch on to. The eclecticism of those days isn’t coming back, at least not in quite the same way. Gatekeeping wasn’t a thing, thankfully.

No comments: