The UR quality control is set at a very high level. And ‘The Illuminator’ may be at the highest of all. I think I’ve finally arrived at the point where I think that this transcendent pice of music is, along with ‘Gamma Player’, in my all-time techno top three. I don’t know what number three is yet though, so I’m working on it. Hi-tech soul was invented to describe tracks like this. Coming as part of a double pack in an unassuming brown cardboard sleeve, there’s not m much to rival it in the UR canon. There are some tracks though, and maybe one of them could be number three? I’ve got one in mind now. But nothing touches this for soul. Listening to it is like practicing hydromancy. The results might not always be desirable but that’s life. You take what you can get I guess. So much depth eloquently sustained over eleven minutes. That’s not easy.

No comments:
Post a Comment