Thursday, July 13, 2023

Track Of The Day: David Bowie - Heroes (RCA)


Track of the day because this album is a classic and it belongs to my other half, inherited from her dad. I found it lost amongst shitloads of vinyl. Discogs would describe the sleeve condition as poor I think. It’s held up quite well though considering its age and the amount of punishment it’s had. Anyway, everything about this record is great, but the title track brings back special memories as I remember it being premiered on ‘Marc’, Marc Bolan’s kiddies’ hour pop show. Right in the midst of punk. Not only was this track premiered, but it was also the last piece of music played on the whole series I think, and weeks later Marc Bolan was killed in a car accident. Still impossibly young, but old to me at the time. 

No comments: