Friday, June 28, 2024

Track Of The Day: Kraftwerk - Morgenspaziergang (2009 Remaster) (Philips)


Pete Pulford and me stayed up all night listening to ‘Autobahn’ from beginning to end on acid one night at Fort Street many moons ago. Of course the title track is the most played and well-known. However, what often slips under the radar are the peripheral, almost ambient arrangements that make up the rest of the album. I have particular memories of listening to ‘Morgenspaziergang’ while watching an episode of ‘The Legend Of William Tell’, a swords and sorcery fantasy series that has absolutely nothing to do with the real character. The flutes came in and I had a transcendental experience that put me on top of Ayers Rock, right in the heart of New Brighton! You had to be me I guess. 😀


No comments: