Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Track Of The Day: Talking Heads - Houses In Motion (Sire)

 


I have no idea why ‘Houses In Motion’ has taken up residence in my head over the past few days. If I’d heard a chug edit of it at Convenanza then there’s where the blame would lie. But I didn’t (next year maybe?), so there. Anyway, what a song, and here it is in all its unfettered, spontaneous live glory. I never saw them live, and they’re right at the top of my wish list. It obviously won’t happen but I’d splurge for the chance. Whenever I post a track by them I always think of being in Berlin in December 1984. The two releases that were postered all over town were '1984' by The Eurythmics, and 'Stop Making Sense', probably the best film of a concert  ever. There have been others, but none featuring just one band that had the power to engage so grippingly over the course of the whole transmission. Out on their own.

No comments: