Monday, September 07, 2026

Track Of Yesterday: Rene Breitbarth - Der Seelenreiniger (Treibstoff)

 


This track came out in 1998, a time when Treibstoff was in full ascendancy. It was a label which effortlessly blended deep house and techno and although I don’t own many of its releases, (two I think), it was one I always monitored. I remember buying one release at Flying Records in Soho just before going to a Faith party with some of the DJs there. They opened the shop late on Saturday evening and we all piled in after the pub and played records together before going to the party. All I can remember about that was Maurice Fulton & Justin Robertson played, as well as the residents. And I’m going off on a tangent, which is a pity because this track by Rene Breitbarth is a killer. It’s mid-paced and as deep as you like. And what really raises the hairs on the back of the neck is the little vibey flourish that hovers above the bass which blends in with what sounds like a short wave radio being tuned. Lovely analogue warmth.

No comments: