Back from Carcassone, which was great as per. And here’s Delano Smith’s superior interpretation of Gary Martin’s ‘Interview With An Alien’. I say superior because I think that this is better than the original. So why? Well maybe it’s because I’m getting older (although we all are innit), but this laid back groove-laden version knocks the socks off the more urgent and slightly more fidgety original. Gary Martin was/is one off the most idiosyncratic producers to come out of Detroit. Here though Basic Channel/Mood ll Swing inspired minimal house wins out over the burlesque. One of the moments at Carcassone on Saturday night was hearing Basic Channel being played within the walls of the chateau. Which very much goes to show that less is more. When a groove is being carried it better hadn’t be dropped. Maintaining the energy with tracks like this is a real skill. There’s nowhere to hide. Play this one loud and let its dynamics ooze out.

No comments:
Post a Comment