Monday, May 27, 2024

Track Of The Day: The Spy - The Doors (Elektra)


After having listened to ‘Special Agent Man’, and hearing a reference to this song within the lyrics, I thought I’d strike while the iron is hot. I thin ‘Morrison Hotel’ was the first Doors album I bought and this is one of the stand out tunes on it. Plenty of Doors revisionism around, but they were an essential part of my musical education. Something happened around ten years after they broke up and all of a sudden I discovered them, along with the Velvets. Two diametrically different groups who have continued to have an unerring influence on much of what has followed. The Doors were probably the most unorthodox “pop group” ever; one which had the power to project its respective soloists like no other. And another who, as this song shows, loved the blues.

No comments: