Friday, October 06, 2023

Things That Happen At Raves


 

Something I forgot to mention during my stream-of-consciousness coverage of last weekend’s events in Carcassone was the encounter I had during ALFOS on Friday night. I was dancing and wearing the tee shirt in the photo when a chap, (whose name I’ve forgotten), beckoned to me and whispered in my ear “You’re wearing a tee shirt made by a friend of mine”. “And who would that be?” I asked. The gentleman then told me that it was Andy Cole, not the one time Newcastle and Manchester Utd striker, but the real name behind Luv Jam, last heard of on these pages around seven years ago with a great mix, and contributor of another one more than ten years ago. He then showed me a photo of himself and Andy taken not two weeks before, and took a photo of myself wearing said tee to send to Andy. He also said that I was the only person he’d seen, besides himself, wearing one of these designs (of which there are a few different ones). I’ve since written Andy an email and received a very quick reply. Apparently he’s going to send me some music. Lovely stuff. Interesting observation from La Femme when describing the crowd to the kids: “They all look like Paul, but some of them have got beards.”

No comments: