Monday, June 22, 2020

Discogs Arousal 2 Nude Photo - Rythim Is Rythim (Transmat)


Title: Nude Photo
Artist: Rythim Is Rythim
Label: Transmat
Cat Number: MS-002
Genre: Techno

A: Nude Photo
B1: The Dance (Living Room Mix)
B2: Move It (Only Mix)

First I have to get something off my chest. I’m ashamed to say that I’d never owned a copy of this record before picking it up over the last few weeks. This is even more startling as I rate it to be one of the best techno 12” ever. ‘Nude Photo’ and ‘The Dance (Living Room mix)’ are of equal weight and their subtlety only adds to their power. ‘Move It (Only Mix)’ feels like a bit of an afterthought by comparison, but it still packs a punch and has a lovely, idiosyncratic synth line which dominates in spite of its reticence. ‘Strings Of Life’ is a lot of people’s Mayday pick, and is seen as his most seminal track, but I believe ‘Nude Photo’ and ‘The Dance’ are both more introspective and versatile. Less in your face, but all the better for it, influencing the bleep sound of Sheffield with its discordant  perfectly placed wonk. Once heard, never forgotten.






1 comment:

YMR said...

True classic!