Sunday, October 04, 2026

Track Of The Day: Can - Halleluhwah (United Artists)

 


I know next to nothing about Can, which is a shame and something I need to resolve. Where they influenced by Beefheart? Listening to this I’m reminded of some of the Captain’s proclivities. A tendency to go off on a tangent while religiously riding the groove. The sonic similarities are obvious to me even if the lyricism lacks whimsy. Brilliant though. Nuts to think that this was broadcast twenty six years after WWll. Twenty six years ago it was the beginning of a new century and I wonder to myself how far, if at all, music has progressed since then. The speed at which it did post-war Wass remarkable. Kids were listening to Bill haley less than twenty years previously. And calling that revolutionary. This is where, amongst other p-laces, it really took a quantum leap though. 

No comments: