Saturday, August 22, 2026

Track Of The Day: Leonid - Urania 2 (Soul Print Recordings)

 


One that I’d forgotten about, but am pleased to reacquaint myself with. This comes from a split release on Serbia’s Soul Print Recordings. The A side has two versions of ‘Urania’. I prefer this one because it flows better. The other is very good as well though and both make great use of the 303 and keep the acid deep. Which is all I want from the 303. I’m not a fan of when it’s in your face, but ‘Acperience’ and the Hardfloor ‘Yekeyeke’ remix are exceptions. Leonid, who seems to have gone awol in the last few years, was always a producer I kept tabs on. Pity he seems to have stopped releasing. The B side of this release features two tracks by Laak, who are still recording and put out their latest a couple of months ago. Their contribution is of a similar high standard. Pity I can only put one up, so keep a look out for the others.

No comments: