Wednesday, August 05, 2026

Chimes At Midnight lV



After having procrastinated like few others do, I finally got my act together for the fourth mix in the ‘Chimes At Midnight’ series, the last one being uploaded around four years ago. This coincided with me getting a dog. However, that’s no excuse. And while I know that the online mix market is one of the most oversaturated in the world, how many mixes are named after a film that features Orson Wells in the role of Falstaff? This doesn’t have any influence on the music though. There are no madrigals featured in these sets. I practiced this once, went on holiday and then got busy on the ones and twos yesterday. The equipment is the same as last time. Two Technics 1210s, two Pioneer XDJ700s and an Allen & Heath Xone:32. I’m sure I speak for most when I say that doing this sort of thing is a cathartic experience. Once finished the sense of accomplishment is similar to that of finishing a long run, (another thing that’s taken up a lot of time since 2022). So here’s the track list. And, although one or two of them might be out of order, this is what I got through.


Russ Gabriel - Peace For Thought (Ferox)

T.Dave - Bilaterale (We’re Going Deep)

Sweater - Feelings Of The Future (Omnidisc)

ARDB - Mind Drift (Geodesic)

Module One - Animation (Luck Of Access)

DKMA - The Safe (Forensic)

Idealist - Mountain Lake (Mojuba)

DJ Catt & DJ Foxx - Casified Modern Music (Deep Mix) (Casa Del Soul)

Olsvanger - Goldman’s Propellor (Craigie Knowes)

SIT - Magnetised (Amphia)

Fred P - Dance Of Rhythms (Syncrophone)

Eversines - Progression (Nous Klaer Audio)

Peace Division - Body & Soul (Low Pressings)

Na Nich - Crust (Space Lab)

JS Zeiter - Open (Lempuyang)

Christopher Leger & Haventepe - Silica (Berg Audio)

Halo Varga - Future (Siesta)

Urges 3 (Appleheadz Remix) (Primitive)

Aril Brikha - On & On (Transmat)

Stochje - Granada (Convextion Remix) (Syncrophone)

Reeko - Para El Conjunto De Las Esferas (KR3)

Thoughtforms - Chicago Trance (Thoughtforms)

VC-118A - Avian (Delsin)

Dominic Cappello - Be Still The Need (Clone Royal Oak)

DJ Compufunk - Beyond Mind (Beltran’s From Detroit With Love Mix) (Creative Issues)


No comments: