Friday, October 04, 2024

Track Of The Day: 51 Days - Paper Moon (Touche)


I had to check to see if I hadn’t already posted this, because I was sure I had. And it so often features in many people’s top ten deep house tracks it’s almost become a bit of a cliché. It’s anything but though. My copy was a gift from a long lost friend, who I hope is still out there but seems to have gone off grid. I think he bought it from the Berwick Street Record & Tape Exchange. Is it still there? I have no idea, not having been down to that London in search of records for a very long time. Anyway, produced by the immortal Dobre & Jamez, it has everything you want from a deep house track. Depth (of course), drive, minimal structure and a voiceover that sounds like Barry White marvelling at the results of an experiment, but is all you need to send you over the edge at those critical moments when you’re lost in the space/time interface. They really don’t make them like this anymore.

No comments: