Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Unloved - I Did It (Heavenly Recordings)

 


Title: I Did It

Artist: Unloved

Label: Heavenly Recordings

Cat Number: 

Genre: Disco If You Feel Like It


1: I Did It

2: I Did It (Manfredas Remix)

3: I Did It (Instrumental)


In it’s original form, ‘I Did It’ is a wall of sound – inspired piece of left field, throwback 60’s – inspired pop. It’s only just over 3 minutes long and is crying out for an elongated remix. Manfredas duly obliges with a piece of work that almost quadruples listening time and, not surprisingly, starts off just a little bit like something more in tune with Villalobos. Low key percussion which is paired with snippets of the original’s vocals. Problem is that’s it. It works very well as a dub, and also as a layer. However, as a stand alone track it lacks backbone and, if a used condom could make a noise, it would sound like this. It never really gets out of second gear, which is a pity. 

No comments: