Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Man Power - Wallsend's Finest (Nocturne)

 


Title: Wallsend's Finest 

Artist:  Man Power

Label: Nocturne

Cat Number: NOCTURNE10

Genre: House Innit


A: Full Body Gurn

B: Overbite

 

It’s been a long time since I experienced a full body gurn. It has happened though and now, as I approach death, I feel I should try and knit it into my daily routine more. How to do that though? The track of the nostalgia-evoking, corpus contortiounous could point the way forward . . . ? Relying on military percussion to make it’s point, there are samples from ‘Dub Be Good To Me’ to contend with which float it close to a cosy familiarity that could be viewed as cheese, intentionally I guess. It’s anything but though. We’re merely dipping our feet in a hallucinogenic past that will always occupy a level of the flagrantly physical subconscious. ‘Overbite’ is moodier, but comes from a place of similar purpose. It’ a throbber and is heavier, steam hammering its merry way along a lateral line of 303 flange funk. When its disparate elements combine, its objective is obvious. Nothing but fun to be had with this pair. 

No comments: