Thursday, November 17, 2022

Carebears - IRENICSPC009 (Irenic)


 

Title:  IRENICSPC009

Artist: Carebears  

Label: Irenic

Cat Number: IRENICSPC009

Genre: Deep House


1: Auri 

2: Ladybug

3: Tame


Roger Gerressen’s Irenic is my kind of dub techno. It has a bit of oophm and never strays too far into the murky waters of muddy ambience. I mean that’s alright and all, but I do like to give my feet a little stretch from time to time, while exercising my mind. And I feel that there is a perfect fusion going on in releases like this. It’s toe tapping stuff with intellect. I can often be seen throwing shapes in the confines of my vast oak panelled library while swigging a single malt plucked from an antique Da Vinci globe bar to this stuff. Anyways, what about the music? ‘Auri’ juxtaposes rattling hi-hats, rimshots and a surfeit of low end malarkey to finish with something devilishly funky. ‘Ladybug’ is a lighter, more airborn track that feels like dawn breaking over the Quantocks, and ‘Tame’ has more than a whiff of Dan Bell about it, with its rolling percussion and intermittent tempo. So, there’s that. 

No comments: