Wednesday, August 24, 2022

ILA026- Hrdvision (I Love Acid)

 


Title: ILA026

Artist: Hrdvision

Label: I Love Acid

Cat Number: ILA026

Genre: Techno



1: Startup

2: How The F It Trax

3: Revenge Body

4: Went Through My Heart


Hrdvision, a name I haven’t been keeping tabs on since the heady days of Wagon Repair,  debuts on Posthuman’s I Love Acid with four solid, functional workouts that contain depth, distinction and dynamism. There’s an understatement at work in all of these tracks that I feel is essentially the key to a great acid tune: (with a few exceptions of course ‘Acperience’ being one that comes to mind). ‘How The F It Trax’ and ‘Revenge Body’ show this subtlety in their off beat approach, whereas both ‘Startup’ and perhaps the most conventional tune as far as 303 expectations are concerned, ‘ Went Through My Heart’ pick up the pace, with the former being an airy minimal acid romp by comparison to the latter’s denser approach. All good, with the two shorter, middle tracks going out on an interesting limb.

No comments: