Friday, January 28, 2022

Track Of The Day: Don't Scandalise Mine - Sugar Bear (Coslit Records)


Hip-hop or hip house? I'm going for the latter. A fiendish blend of rapping over 'Once In A Lifetime'. This was the first record I remember hearing upon entering my first orbital rave, all the way back in 1989 at Biggin Hill. Prior to getting in I had held my hands up to the token police presence in surrender, pockets loaded. They just laughed and waved me through. Hopelessly outnumbered, they couldn't have done much under the circumstances without causing a riot I suppose. I remember a lot about that night, particularly long and involved loved up conversations with various ICF members about how amazing our mutual teams, Liverpool and West Ham are, and a sudden influx of models around 4-5am on their exit from some London clubs. The fairground outside and I think Paul Oakenfold might have been playing. Maybe.

No comments: